Activate Internet banking in SBI: Internet banking is yet another amazing banking service that is offered by our nation’s biggest bank i.e. State Bank of India. With the help of internet banking we can do many things from home you can transfer funds from your bank account to another bank, you can make payments to the merchants online from whom you buy products and services. Not only these two things but lot many things.
In this article of mine, I will be telling you the complete procedure which you need to follow to activate internet banking in SBI. Every step which is involved in activation of internet banking for the bank account that you hold in State Bank of India.
After reading this guide you will be able to activate it easily but if you face any kind of difficulties then you can leave your comment below.
There are two types of scenarios which come when we try to activate internet banking in SBI and they are,
- You have Username and Password with you. Which you received from the bank when you opened the bank account with them.
- And the second scenario is you don’t have your internet banking username and password.
I will mention the procedure to activate internet banking in both the scenarios mentioned above.
How to Activate Internet Banking in SBI?
So here is the procedure which you need to follow to activate internet banking in SBI.
Activating Internet Banking When You Have Username and Password. (First-time login)
Now first let me show you the procedure if you have your username and password ready with you which you have received from the bank when you had opened the bank account. (pre-printed kit)
- Visit the official website of SBI: https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Select on Login button which you will find under personal banking.
- You will be taken to a new page where you will be asked to enter username and password which you have received from the bank.
- After entering your username and password and click on Login.
- Now you will be asked to enter a new username, login password, and profile password.
- Assign new username and password and you are good to go.
Points to Consider
You can follow this method if you have username and password with you.
But if you have not received it from the bank then don’t worry you can follow the next method and use the self-registration portal of their website.
Activating Internet Banking By Using Self-user Registration.
Now let’s have a look at the self-user registration method to activate internet banking in SBI.
- Visit their official website and click on New User Registration, you can refer the image embedded below.
- Now fill in your account number, CIF Number, Branch Code, Country, Registered Mobile Number, and Facility Required.
- Once you enter all the details mentioned above click on Submit button.
- You will receive OTP (one-time password) on your registered mobile number enter that in the space provided on the next page.
- And finally, you have to follow the onscreen instructions and assign login password, profile password.
You can even receive your temporary username and password from the bank itself. All you have to do is download the SBI Internet Banking Registration Form from their official website and use that.
The procedure is mentioned below.
- The first thing you have to do is visit your home branch and ask them for an internet banking registration form. You can use the printout of the form which you have downloaded from the official website.
- Fill in all the details in the form and submit it to the bank officials.
- Submit the form and you will receive your username and password enclosed in an envelope.
If you have any doubts or facing any kind of difficulties then you can leave your comment below.
But if you want to get assisted quickly then you can call customer care of the bank on their toll-free number: 1800 425 3800 they will help you to activate internet banking in SBI.