Register Mobile Number with SBI Account: State Bank of India which is one of the biggest financial institution operating in India. You maybe already completed your task to open a bank account with SBI. When anyone opens a bank account with them they offer their account holders with a wide range of banking features. But your mobile number should be registered with your bank account to opt-in and take advantage of some features. If you want to make payments with the help of internet banking then you have to register mobile number with SBI account to receive OTP. (one-time password)
There are a number of reasons why you should register mobile number with SBI Account. But one of the most important reasons is when any transaction takes place in your bank account then they (bank) will notify you about that by sending an SMS.
You will not receive SMS notifications from State Bank of India if you have not registered your mobile number. And believe me, these SMS notifications are very important!
Thinking why? let me tell you.
If someone has lost ATM card or disclosed the ATM PIN number to someone that person can misuse your bank account. But even if someone uses your card then your will get SMS notification from the bank and you can block your card.
This is just one reason why you should register mobile number with SBI account. In this article of mine, I will share the complete procedure which you have to follow to register mobile number with SBI Account.
How to Register Mobile Number with SBI Account?
So now let us get started with this guide please note that you can follow this guide if you have not registered your mobile number with the account.
- You have to write an application letter addressing your branch manager. The subject of the letter should be “Mobile Number Updation or Registration”.
- Mention your account number, name and mobile number in the letter.
- Now take a clear photocopy of your identity proof document (Aadhaar Card, PAN Card etc.) anyone document.
- Make your signature on the application form and also on the photocopy to make it self-attested.
- And finally, visit your State Bank of India’s home branch.
- Submit the application letter and the photocopy of your identity proof document to the bank officials.
- They will ask you to show the original copy of the document for verification purpose. So make sure you carry the original one with you while going to the branch.
So this is how you can register mobile number with SBI account, I hope you are clear with all the steps mentioned. If you have any doubts then you can comment below.