Change Name in Canara Bank Account: The name is a very important thing which everyone has even a dog or cat which is a pet of any of us has a name. I think you have already opened a bank account in Canara Bank, and now want to change name in Canara Bank account. Well, this is possible to change your name in the bank records and in your passbook too but you have to provide exact documents as proof to the bank.
You can use this guide of mine to change your name in the bank records if it is misprinted in the bank records. And also if you have legally changed your name, please make sure you have the name change affidavit with you before you proceed with this guide.
As you already know that in this guide of mine, I will be telling you the complete procedure which you need to follow to change name in Canara Bank account.
How to Change Name in Canara Bank Account?
So now let us get started with this guide and check out the steps which you need to follow to change name in Canara Bank account. But before that, I would like to tell you about the documents you should have with you and they are mentioned below.
- Name change Affidavit.
- Change of Name Gazette Notification.
- And your PAN Card, Aadhaar Card with your new name printed on it.
Once you have gathered all these three above mentioned documents set, you are all set to change your name in Canara Bank account.
- Write an application letter to your branch manager. The subject of the application letter should be “Change of name in the bank account”.
- Mention your old name, the new name, and bank account number.
- Tell your branch manager that you have legally changed the name and want to same to be changed in the bank account.
- Take a photocopy of the documents which are mentioned above.
- Make your signature on them and also on the application letter you have written to your branch manager.
- Attach your photocopies and application letter.
- And finally, visit your home branch and submit the application letter to the bank officials.
This is how you can change name in Canara Bank account. While visiting your home branch you should also carry the original copies of the documents which I have mentioned above.
The bank officials will ask for the original copies for verification purpose. Once everything is verified they will tell you further things.
Please contact your Canara Bank branch for more details about changing your name in bank records.