If you are an account holder of the IDFC FIRST Bank then you can take advantage of the features of the bank. The bank has got so many features to offer like the ATM card services, internet banking, mobile banking, and the list goes on. If you use the mobile banking app of the bank regularly. Then you will know that there is an MPIN that has to be entered before you open the app. But you can change this to biometric or fingerprint too. In this guide of mine, I will tell you how you can enable or disable biometric for IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app.
Once you enable this option you can easily login into the app. All you have to do is open the app and touch your registered finger on the senor and you will be taken to the dashboard. This makes the login process seamless. But there are a few people who also wish to disable this feature. There is a valid reason why people want to disable it. The reason is every one that everyone who has their finger registered in your smartphone will be able to login into the app. For some people it is fine and for some people, it is not.
Steps to Enable or Disable Biometric for IDFC FIRST Bank App
Follow the instructions give below.
- Open the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking app on your smartphone.
- Enter your username and password into the app.
- If you are using the app for a long time now then enter your MPIN into the app.
- Once you login to the app, tap on “More”.
- Tap on “Settings” from the More menu.
- Look for the “Security” section in the settings menu.
- The fingerprint or biometric login is mentioned as “Touch ID” in the app.
- Just toggle the button to enable or disable it.
- And touch your fingerprint to the sensory to authenticate the change.
These are the 9 steps that you have to follow to enable the fingerprint login for the app. Keep in mind that if you have enabled it. Then everyone with a registered fingerprint will be able to access the app and look into things like your account balance, etc. For more information, you can call the customer care of the bank on 1800 419 4332. And speak with the customer care executive of the bank. This is a toll-free number so you will not be charged anything by your telecom operator for the call.