We have got so many new generation technologies to make and receive the payments. But the cheque payment method which is a traditional one has not lost its charm yet. There are so many payments that are done by issuing the cheques even in this generation of IMPS, NEFT, RTGS, and UPI.
But what if you a cheque is used and now we want to cancel or stop the payment?
In this case, we have can instruct the bank not to pass the payment of the cheque. But for this, you should have a proper reason why you are stopping the cheque payment. You can instruct the bank to stop the payment only before the cheque has been encashed.
Once the cheque is encashed by the beneficiary then there is no meaning in instructing the bank. The bank may also charge you for this service. So I recommend you contact the bank and verify the same before you follow the below-mentioned instructions to stop the payment.
Methods to Stop Cheque Payment in Yes Bank
I will explain to you 2 methods by following which you can stop the payment in Yes Bank.
By Sending SMS
- Type an SMS as YESSTP <space> Cust ID <space> Cheque Number
- Replace Cust ID with your Yes Bank customer ID.
- Enter the Cheque Number which you want to stop.
- And send it to 9840909000 from your registered mobile number.
Using Internet Banking
- Open the official website of the Yes Bank.
- Go to the Netbanking section of the official website.
- Enter your User ID (username) and Password.
- Solve the Captcha and click on the Login button.
- Click on Stop Cheque Instructions under the Current/Savings Account section.
- Enter the details of the cheque whose payment you want to stop.
- And follow the on-screen instructions to stop the payment.
These are the two methods by following which you can stop the payment of the cheque in Yes Bank. You can call the customer care of the bank at 1800 1200 and ask their help to stop the payment. They will help you out in case you are facing any issues. My recommendation to you is to follow the SMS method. Because it is the fastest method that can be used by you to stop the payment.