The banks watch the activities that are happening in the bank account. This is very important from the perspective of the security of the accounts. If the bank notices anything suspicious then it blocks it and reports it to the account holder. But what if there is no activity or transaction happening for a long period of time? The bank makes the account inactivate or dormant. In this guide, I will tell you how you can reactivate Federal Bank dormant account.
Before I started writing this guide I have done my research online. During which I found that some websites claim that you can do this online. But let me tell you that there is no such option in internet banking and the mobile banking app of the bank. There is only one way to do this and that is offline by visiting your home branch. And there is no need to worry about the balance in your account. It will be safe and you can withdraw it after activation.
The Process to Reactivate Federal Bank Dormant Account
Follow the instructions given below.
- Take a sheet of paper.
- Start writing an application letter.
- The letter should address the branch manager of your Federal Bank’s home branch.
- The subject of the letter should be “Request for Reactivation of Dormant Account”.
- In the body part of the letter, you have to explain that your account has turned dormant. And you want to get the account back.
- Further mention your name, account number, and the reason why you did not use the account for this long period of time.
- Get a clear photocopy of any of your identity proof documents.
- Make your signature on the photocopy and attach it with your application letter.
- Visit your home branch of Federal Bank and submit the application letter.
The bank will not ask you to submit the original copy of your identity proof document and passbook. But you should carry it with you while your visit to the branch. The officials may ask you to show it for the purpose of verification. Don’t share your username, password, or OTP with anyone. And no one from the bank will ever call you asking for it. For more details, you can call the customer care of Federal Bank on 1800 420 1199. (toll-free)