When you approach any bank and ask it for an account. The officials working for the bank will ask for your details. These details include your name, address, aadhaar card number, mobile number, PAN Card number, etc. One more thing is your DOB or the date of birth. In this guide, we will learn how you can update or change DOB in Federal Bank account.
Before we proceed further let us understand how important is the date of birth is in banking. This information about the account holder is used to decide his or her eligibility for the accounts. There are different types of accounts offered by banks in India. For example, minor account, student account, senior citizen account, etc. The date of birth is used to understand the eligibility.
Not only for this but this information is also used for identification purposes. If you ever forget your internet banking or mobile banking password. Then the bank’s system may ask you to enter your DOB for the purpose of verification. Even when you call customer care and speak with the executive. The executive will ask for your name, date of birth, etc. before he or she responds to you.
This is how important this information about you is. At the same time, you should also know that the chances that the bank will record your DOB wrong are very less. This can happen when the information is mentioned wrong on the proof document that you are providing to the bank. But if this has happened to you. Then there is no need to worry. You can request the bank to correct it in your account.
Process of Changing the Date of Birth in Federal Bank Account
The bank will take your request only if you provide valid proof documents. So before you proceed make sure you have the proof document with you. I am talking about the document that has your correct date of birth printed on it. It can be an Aadhaar Card, Birth Certificate, matriculation mark sheet, etc. You just have to submit the photocopy of the document to the bank along with an application letter.
- Take a sheet of paper.
- Start writing an application letter.
- The letter should address the branch manager of your Federal Bank home branch.
- The subject of the letter should be “Updation of DOB in Bank Account”.
- In the body section of the letter explain that your DOB is mentioned wrong in the account. And you want to correct the same.
- Further mention your bank account number, your correct DOB, and the name of the proof document you are providing to the bank.
- Take a clear photocopy of the document and make your signature on it.
- Attach the photocopy with your application letter.
- Visit the home branch and submit the application to the bank officials.
This change is subject to successful verification of your document by the bank. So while going to the branch make sure you carry the original copy of the document with you. And the bank will not charge you anything for this change.