If you have a bank account with Federal Bank and want to change your name in the account. Then this is the guide you will need to learn the complete process. In this guide, I will tell you how you can change your address in Federal Bank account.
The name of the account holder is a very important part of the KYC details. So there is a concrete process that the bank has designed for the change of name in the bank account. In this guide, I will not be telling you the steps of any online process but an offline process.
The bank will approve your request for the name change only if you provide proper documents to the bank. If you have changed your name legally then you can provide the Gazette notification. And in case if you are changing the name after marriage, then you can provide your marriage certificate.
Steps to Change Name in Federal Bank Account
Follow the instructions given below to change your name in the bank account.
- Take a sheet of paper.
- Start writing an application letter addressing the branch manager of your Federal Bank home branch.
- The subject of the letter should be “Change of Name in Bank Account”.
- In the body part of the letter explain that you have changed your name and want to update the same in your bank account.
- Further, you have to mention your old name, new name, and your bank account number.
- In the enclosure part, you name the proof document that you are providing to the bank.
- Get a clear photocopy of the proof document that certifies your new name.
- Make your signature on the photocopy to make it self-attested.
- Visit your Federal Bank home branch and submit the application letter along with the photocopy to the bank officials.
Once you submit your application letter the bank will verify the details. Usually, this takes less than 2 working days. And in cases, the name is updated on the next working day itself. You will not be charged anything by the bank for this change. For more information, you can call customer care on 1800 420 1199. (toll-free number)