Normally people change their name in the bank account when they face 3 circumstances. The first one is when they change their name legally. The second one is when they get married or divorced. And the third circumstance is where their name in the bank account has a spelling mistake. No matter why you want to change it. You can use this guide to learn the process to change name in CSB Bank account.
Being an account holder of the bank you are allowed to change your name. But you have to provide proper documents that prove your change of name. Unless you have proper documents the bank will not process your request. In the case of marriage, you can show your marriage certificate, in case of a spelling mistake you can use a document with the correct spelling. In case of a legal name change, you can use the name change notification.
Steps to Change Name in CSB Bank Account
You can not change your name in the bank account online using the internet banking or mobile banking app. You will have to follow the offline method which requires you to visit your CSB Bank home branch.
- Take a sheet of paper.
- Start writing an application letter.
- The letter should address the branch manager of your CSB Bank home branch.
- The subject of the letter should be “Change of Name in Bank Account”.
- In the body section of the letter explain that you have changed your name. And want to update the same in the bank account.
- After explaining the matter along with the reason for doing it. Also, make mention of the proof document you are providing to the bank.
- Get a clear photocopy of the document and make your signature on it.
- Attach the application letter along with your self-attested photocopy of the document.
- Visit your home branch and submit the application to the bank officials.
Once you submit your application as the request of the name change. The bank will verify the document provided by you. If everything goes fine then your name will be updated within 2 working days. While going to your home branch make sure you carry the original copy of the document. The bank will not charge you anything for this change. For more information, you can call the customer care of the bank on 1800 266 9090. (toll-free number)