Cheque Book is an essential document that is issued to the account holders by the bank. You can order the bank to pay the sum of money to the beneficiary using this book. The same amount of money will be deducted from your bank account. Provided if you have sufficient balance.
If you don’t have sufficient balance in your bank account, in that case, the cheque will bounce. This will bring you in trouble and also the bank may charge you for this. This guide will help you out to request cheque book in Karnataka Bank.
We have got so many options to transfer money from our bank account to another bank account. I am talking about channels like NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, and UPI, etc. But still, the cheque book has got its own place. There are some places where it is mandatory to issue cheques to make payments.
This is the reason why people still rely on this book. There is more than one method to request a new book from the Bank. All the methods have been discussed below. You can choose any method and find out the complete procedure.
Karnataka Bank Cheque Book Charges
Once you have used up your free cheque leaves for the calendar year Karnataka Bank will charge you Rs. 4 per cheque leaf.
Methods to Request a New Cheque Book in Karnataka Bank
Using Internet Banking
- Visit the official website of the Karnataka Bank.
- Select the type of internet banking you want to use. (Personal or Corporate)
- Enter your User ID. (username) and solve the captcha.
- Enter your password and click on the login button.
- Click on General Services in the Internet Banking portal.
- Select the Cheque Book Request.
- Now select the bank account.
- Select how many leaves you want to receive from the bank.
- And follow the on-screen instructions.
Visiting Home Branch
- Visit your home branch of Karnataka Bank.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to request a new cheque book.
- Provide your name and the bank account number to the officials.
- Tell them your requirements about the number of leaves.
- Ask them clearly how much the bank will charge you.
- And follow the instructions given to you by the bank officials.
Calling Customer Care
- Call the customer care of Karnataka Bank at 1800 425 1444.
- Select the language in which you would like to interact.
- Choose the IVR option to speak with the customer care executive of the bank.
- Tell the executive that you want to request a new book.
- Verify your account ownership by answering the questions the executive will ask you.
- Tell the number of leaves you want to have in the book.
- Your request will be taken by the bank.
- Your new book will be delivered to your postal address.
These are the 3 methods to request cheque book in Karnataka Bank. Before requesting a new book I recommend you call customer care and talk with them.