If you have issued a cheque from your Karnataka Bank cheque book. And now you want to stop the payment of the same. Then there is an option in the bank to do it. But you should make sure that you have a proper reason why you are stoping the payment.
If you stop the payment unnecessarily then you might end up in trouble. There are 4 methods by following which the payment can be stopped. I have explained all the methods below in this guide. You can choose any one of these methods to get your work done.
The bank can help you in stopping the payment only before the cheque is encashed or cleared by the beneficiary. Once the cheque is cleared nothing can be done as the amount has already been deducted from your bank account. Hence you should act quickly in this matter with a proper reason.
Using Internet Banking
Steps to Stop Cheque Payment in Karnataka Bank using Internet Banking:
- Visit the official website of the Karnataka Bank.
- Click on the Internet Banking option.
- Select between Corporate and Personal banking.
- Enter your User ID (username) and solve the verification captcha.
- Password space will appear, enter your password.
- Open the services and select the “Stop Cheque Payment” service.
- Enter the cheque number.
- Verify the cheque number entered by you.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to stop the payment.
Using Mobile Banking
Steps to Stop Cheque Payment in Karnataka Bank using Mobile Banking:
- Download and Install the mobile banking application of Karnataka Bank.
- Enter your User ID and Password into the app.
- Tap on options in the application interface.
- Select General Services.
- Select the “Stop Cheque Payment”.
- Enter the details of the cheque.
- Verify the entered details
- And follow the instructions given to you in the application.
By Visting Home Branch
Steps to Stop Cheque Payment in Karnataka Bank by Visiting Home Branch:
- Visit your home branch of the Karnataka Bank.
- Talk to the bank officials and tell them that you want to stop the payment of a cheque.
- Provide your name and the identity proof document (PAN Card or Aadhaar Card) to the officials.
- Provide the cheque number.
- Tell the officials the reason why you are stopping the payment.
- The officials will check the status of the cheque.
- If the cheque is not passed yet the payment will be stopped.
By Sending SMS
By Calling Customer Care
Steps to Stop Cheque Payment in Karnataka Bank by Calling Customer Care:
- Call the customer care of Karnataka Bank at 1800 425 1444.
- Select the language in which you would like to interact with the customer care.
- Choose the IVR option which will connect you with the customer care executive.
- Tell the executive that you want to stop the payment of a cheque issued by you.
- Answer the questions asked to you by the executive of the bank for verification purposes.
- Provide the cheque number to the executive.
- The executive will stop the payment if it is not yet cleared by the beneficiary.
These are the 5 methods by following which you can stop the payment of Cheque. You should also keep in mind that the bank will charge you to stop the payment. For more detailed information about this matter. I recommend you to call the customer care of the bank.