This article tells you the 9 facts about Federal Bank which you should know. These facts are collected with reference to various resources available online.
1. Federal Bank Was Founded in the Year 1931
The bank was founded in the year 1931 by K. P. Hormis in the state of Kerala, India. The authorized share capital of the bank was Rs. 5,000.
2. The Bank Was Formerly Named as Travancore Federal Bank Limited
The bank was not named as Federal Bank when it was founded. It is then known as Travancore Federal Bank Limited.
3. The Name of the Bank Was Changed to Federal Bank Ltd. in the Year 1949
The bank completed the formalities of the Banking Regulations act 1949. This is the time when the name of the bank was changed to Federal Bank Ltd.
4. The Tagline of Federal Bank is “Your Perfect Banking Partner”
The tagline which is used by the bank is “Your Perfect Banking Partner”. This tagline can also be found on the logo of the bank.
5. Federal Bank is a Private Sector Bank
People usually get confused and they think that this bank is a government bank that is owned or operated by the Government of India. This happens because of the name of the bank.
But this is not true. This bank is a private sector bank and not a government of India, owned bank. The bank was not nationalized by the government in the year 1969. Hence it is not a government bank.
6. The Bank Offered IPO in the Year 1994
The bank floated its first initial public offering in the year 1994.
6. The Headquarters of the Bank is in Aluva, Kochi, Kerala
The bank was founded in Nedumpuram, Thiruvalla. But the present headquarters of the bank is situated in Aluva, Kochi, Kerala.
7. The Bank has More than 1,200 Branches
As per the Wikipedia page of the bank, Federal Bank had 1,272 branches across India as of the year 2020.
8. The Bank has More than 12,000 Employees
The has more than 12,000 employees working for it as of the year 2021. This information is according to the information available about the bank on Wikipedia.
9. The Shares of the Bank are Traded on NSE, BSE, and LSE
The shares of the bank are traded on National Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange, and also London Stock Exchange. The general public can purchase the shares easily if they have a proper arrangement of demat accounts.
List of Acquisitions Done by the Bank
The acquisitions were done by the bank between 1963 and 1970. The exact years of the acquisitions are not available.
|Name of the Bank
|Year of Establishment
|Chalakudy Public Bank
|Cochin Union Bank
|Thrissur Alleppey Bank
|St. George Union Bank
|Marhandam Commercial bank