There are a lot of things that should be always kept up to date in the bank account. And the address is one of these things. If you have changed your permanent address or shifted somewhere away from your home town. Then you should consider updating the same in the bank records as well. In this guide, I will tell you how you can update or change address in Bank of Baroda account.
If you have not updated the new address in the bank records. Then you will face difficulties in receiving the cheque book, and ATM cards, etc. from the bank. This is because the banks send such documents only to the registered address of the account holder. Changing the address is not a hard task. But you should have your address proof document with you.
And when I say address proof document here. I am talking about the one which has your new address on it. The bank allows you to change the address, but only if you can produce correct documents to the bank. You can use the Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, and Passport, etc. as proof of your new address. The bank will verify the same and only then the detail will be updated in the bank records.
Steps to Update or Change Address in Bank of Baroda Account
There is no online method to update the address. So I have explained to you an offline method below. You have to write an application letter to the branch manager requesting him or her to change the address. Read further for complete instructions.
- Take an A4 size paper to write the application letter.
- The letter should be addressing the branch manager of your BOB home branch.
- Mention the subject of the letter as “Change of Address in Bank Records”.
- In the body section of the letter explain to the manager that you have changed your address. And want to update the same in the bank records.
- Mention your account number and the name of the address proof document that you producing to the bank.
- Take a clear photocopy of the address proof document.
- Make your signature on the photocopy to make it self-attested.
- Attach the photocopy with the application letter.
- Visit your home branch and submit the application letter to the bank officials.
When you visit your Bank of Baroda home branch. Make sure you carry the original copy of your address proof document with you. Because the bank will first verify the document and will update the address only after being found true. You can also show your document in the official Digilocker app to the bank officials. For more information call the customer care of BOB on 1800 102 4455. (toll-free) And speak with the executive of the bank.