Yes, you can block your lost CBI ATM Card by calling the customer care of the bank. You can call them on their toll-free number: 1800 200 1911 and select the IVR Options to block it.
ATM cards have entirely changed the way we withdraw money from our bank accounts. Think about the time when we did not have ATMs in India. If you want to withdraw money from our bank account, we had to visit our home branch. But now all we have to do is find an ATM which is near to our location, and we are good to go.
Even if the Central Bank of India does not own the ATM, we can withdraw money. Because these days, all the Bank’s ATMs accept cards of all the banks. But if you have lost your card, then you should take quick action. And the step you should take is to block CBI ATM card.
If you don’t block it within the time, the money in your bank account is in danger. In this article, I will tell you the complete procedure to block Central Bank of India ATM Card.
How to Block Central Bank of India ATM Card?
Now, let us start with this article and check out how you can block Central Bank of India ATM Card. You can block it using four methods
Blocking ATM Card by Sending SMS
- You have to send SMS to the bank from your registered mobile number.
- Type the SMS in the pattern mentioned below.
- LOST <Space> Bank Account Number
- And send it to 9967533228.
Note that if you send SMS from a mobile number, which .is not registered with your bank account. Then your card will not be blocked. Check your bank account number twice before you send the SMS to avoid mistakes.
Blocking ATM Card By Calling Customer Care
- Call the customer care of the bank on their toll-free number: 1800 200 1911.
- Get your call connected to talk with the customer care executive.
- Tell them that you have lost your card and want to block the same.
- They will ask you a few details like your ATM Card number etc.
- Provide them all the details, and your card will be blocked immediately.
Blocking ATM Card by Visiting Home Branch
- Visit the branch of the bank where you maintain your bank account i.e., home branch.
- Tell the bank officials that you have lost your ATM card and want to block it.
- They will ask your bank account details, and your card will be blocked.
Blocking ATM Card by Sending Email
I don’t recommend going with this method as this works slower than in the other three ways. But still, I have mentioned this to provide you complete information.
- Send an Email to [email protected]
- Mention your ATM card details in the Email.
- And the bank will block your card.