J&K Bank and also all the other banks that run their operations in India provide ATM cards to their account holders. And the cards that are offered by the banks are usable in all the ATM machines that can be found in India. Some of the cards even work internationally. This sounds great, but if you have lost or misplaced your card somewhere then you should block it immediately. In this guide of mine, I will tell you how you can block Jammu and Kashmir Bank ATM Card.
Once you block your card the card will not be usable by anyone. Even if you find your card again you can not use it anymore. And the bank will not charge you to block the card it will be done for free. But you will have to pay for the replacement of the card with a new one. There are multiple methods that you can follow to block the card. I have explained some of them below. Choose any method that you feel is right for you. And follow the corresponding instructions.
Methods to Block Jammu and Kashmir Bank ATM Card
I have explained both online methods and offline methods. It does not matter which method you use. For now, your ultimate goal should be to get your card blocked by the bank. So just choose the easiest method and block your card.
Using Mobile Banking App
- Download and Install the official mobile banking app of the J&K Bank.
- Android users can install the app from Google Playstore.
- And iOS users can install it from the iTunes Store.
- Open the app after a successful installation.
- Enter your login details into the app. (username and password)
- Tap on Requests.
- Select Debit Card Hotlisting/Blocking from the list of requests.
- Choose the card you have lost and want to block.
- Enter the OTP you receive on your registered mobile number and follow the on-screen instructions.
Calling Customer Care
- Call the customer care of J&K Bank’s Card Helpdesk on +91-194-2713333.
- Wait till your call is connected to speak with the customer care executive of the bank.
- Tell the executive that you have lost your card and want to block it.
- The executive will ask you a few questions about your bank account for verification purposes.
- Answer all the questions correctly.
- The executive will take your request and the card will be blocked immediately.
Visiting Home Branch
- Visit your Jammu and Kashmir Bank home branch.
- Carry your bank passbook or any identity proof document with you.
- Tell the bank officials that you have lost your card and want to block it.
- Show your identity proof document or bank passbook to the officials.
- Provide the details of the lost card.
- The officials will block the card for you or they will help you to block it online.
These are the 3 major methods that you can follow to block your card. If you are facing any difficulties then call customer care without wasting the time. You can also make use of the internet banking portal on the official website of the bank. The steps will be almost similar to those of the mobile banking method.