In case if you have changed your name, then you can request your bank to update the same in your account. But this can not be done online using internet banking or mobile banking. You will have to do it offline by visiting your home branch. I will tell you how you can change name in Union Bank of India account in this guide.
The most important thing is that the bank will take your request only if you have a proper proof document. I am talking about your name change proof. In different situations, different documents can be used as proof documents. But before you start the process make sure you have the document ready with you.
If there is a spelling mistake of your name in the bank account. Then you can use any of your identity proof documents as proof. But you just have to make sure that your name is spelled correctly on it. If you are changing your name after marriage, you can use your marriage certificate as proof.
And in this case, you have changed your name legally. Then you can use your legal name change notification as your proof document. Here the bank will ask for a self-attested photocopy of your document. You need to submit the original copy to the bank. But make sure you carry it while you visit the branch.
The Process to Change Name in Union Bank of India Account
Follow the instructions given below.
- Take a sheet of paper.
- Start writing an application letter.
- The letter should address the branch manager of your Union Bank of India’s home branch.
- The subject of the letter should be “Change of Name in Bank Account”.
- Explain in the letter that you want to change the name that is mentioned in the bank records.
- Further make mention of your old name, new name, account number, and the name of the proof document you have with you.
- Get a clear photocopy of the document and make your signature on it.
- Attach your photocopy with your application letter.
- Submit your application letter to the bank officials.
If you don’t want to use a handwritten application then you can also submit the computer typed letter. And this change is subject to the successful verification of your document by the bank. For more information, you can call the customer care of UBI on 1800 22 2244. (toll-free)