Union Bank of India is one of the largest public sector banks in India has everything to offer. If you are an account holder of the UBI then you might be knowing about the features of the bank. We today are going to discuss one of their service in this guide. I will tell you about the different methods you can follow to stop cheque payment in Union Bank of India.
The process is simple and there are no tough steps to take. But the cheque should not be cleared yet. If you already see a debit transaction in your bank account by the cheque you have issued. Then there is no sense in stopping the payment. In simple words, you can not stop the payment of the cheque which is already cleared by the bank. But if it is not cleared yet then you can follow this guide.
Also, keep in mind that the bank may or may not charge you for this service. So before using I highly recommend you to get the charges confirmed from the officials. You can call the customer care of the bank on 1800 22 2244. It is a toll-free number you can call on this number and speak with the support executive of the bank. You can also reach the bank officials at your home branch and ask them.
Methods to Stop Cheque Payment in Union Bank of India
You should have a proper reason for what you are doing. Don’t stop the payment without any reason. There are both online methods and offline methods that can be followed by you. I have explained a few of them below. Choose any one method and follow the instructions.
Using Mobile Banking App
- Download and Install the official mobile banking app of Union Bank of India. (U-Mobile)
- If you are an Android user then install the app from Google Playstore.
- And in the case of an iOS user install the app from the iTunes Store.
- Open the app after installation.
- Enter your login details into the app.
- Tap on “Service Requests”.
- Select “Stop Cheque Payment”.
- Enter the cheque number whose payment you want to stop.
- Check the entered number and follow the on-screen instructions.
By Visiting Home Branch
- Take your cheque book and identity proof document with you.
- Visit your Union Bank of India home branch.
- Speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials you have issued a cheque whose payment you want to stop.
- Provide the cheque number to the officials.
- The officials will check if the cheque is cleared or no.
- If the cheque is not cleared yet then the officials will tell you about the charges.
- Proceed with the request if you are ok with the charges.
- The officials will take your request and the payment will be stopped.
These are the two methods but you can also make use of the internet banking portal on the official website of the bank. Never share your account details such as username, password, OTP, debit card number, and PIN Number with anyone. The bank officials will never contact you asking for such details.