If you have an account with Indian Bank and want to change the address that is mentioned in the bank records. Then you can refer to this guide to know how you can change address in Indian Bank account.
Indian Bank allows the account holders to change the address. But you will have to provide a proper address proof document to the bank.
You should keep in mind that if you don’t provide the proof document. Then there is no chance that the bank will approve your request.
So you will have to make arrangements for your valid address proof document. And then you can start the process of updating or changing the address in your bank account. The bank will not charge you anything for this change.
Steps to Change Address in Indian Bank Account
- Take a sheet of paper.
- Start writing an application letter.
- The letter should address the branch manager of your Indian Bank home branch.
- Mention the subject of the letter as “Change of Address in Bank Account”.
- Explain that you have changed the place where you stay. So you want to update the same in the bank account.
- Make clear mention of your name, account number, and your new address in the application.
- Take a clear photocopy of your address proof document with the new address.
- Make your signature on the photocopy and attach it with the application letter.
- Visit your Indian Bank home branch and submit the application to the bank officials.
This change is subject to successful verification of your address proof document by the bank. So while you visit the branch you should carry the original copy of your address proof document with you. For more information, you can call customer care on 1800 4250 0000. (toll-free number)