DOB or date of birth is a very important detail of the account holder that the banks record. And the chances that the banks go wrong here are pretty thin. But still, in case this has happened to you. Then in this guide, I will tell you the process to change DOB in ICICI Bank account.
The bank allows you to change it in the account. But only if you provide a proof document. So the first thing you have to do is. Make arrangement for the document that certifies your new DOB. You can use an aadhaar card, ration card, birth certificate, etc.
It can be anything that is issued by the concerned authority. The bank will not take your original copy of the document. Instead of that, you will have to submit a self-attested photocopy with your signature on it. Along with the photocopy you have to submit an application letter too.
The Process to Change DOB in ICICI Bank Account
- Take a sheet of paper and start writing an application letter.
- The letter should address the branch manager of your ICICI Bank’s home branch.
- The subject of the letter should be “Correction of DOB in Bank Account”.
- After the subject line, you have to explain that your DOB is mentioned wrong in the account. And you want to correct it.
- Further, you have to mention your account number, correct DOB, and the name of the document you are providing to the bank.
- Now take a clear photocopy of the document.
- Make your signature on the photocopy.
- Attach your application letter with the photocopy.
- Visit your ICICI Bank’s home branch and submit the application letter to the bank officials.
If you are away from your home branch. Then you can visit any nearest branch of the bank. But while going to the branch make sure you carry the original copy of the document with you. Because your request will be processed only upon successful verification of your proof document.