Change LIC Policy Address: When we buy an LIC policy for us the organization that is Life Insurance Corporation of India asks us for many details. They ask us details such as our name, date of birth, contact details, nominee and few more. It is mandatory to provide all these details to the company if we want to buy the policy from them. And the address is one of those details which we have to provide to the company.
The address is an important thing and if you relocate your address or change the place you live. You should update the same with your LIC policy as well. If you don’t update your address in your policy then there may be difficulties while claiming it. So why to face those difficulties it is good to change LIC policy address now itself.
In this article of mine, I will tell you the procedure which you need to change LIC policy address. Life Insurance Corporation of India allows their policyholders to change the address. But the policyholder has to provide proper new address proof to them.
How to Change LIC Policy Address?
So now let us get started with this guide and check out the procedure to change LIC policy address. It can be changed by two methods and they are online and offline.
How to Change LIC Policy Address Offline?
- Write an application letter to the branch manager of the branch where you have purchased the policy.
- Mention the subject as “Change of Address in Policy.”
- You have to include your policy number, old address and new address in the application letter.
- Take a photocopy of the new address proof document.
- Attach the application letter and the photocopy of your address proof document.
- And finally, submit to the home branch.
How to Change LIC Policy Address Online?
- Visit the official website of the Life Insurance Corporation of India.
- And register as a new user over there. If you are have already registered then log in.
- Once you login click on Enroll Policies which you can find in the left menu.
- Enroll all the policies which you have purchased.
- Click on Enroll New Policies and click on proceed.
- Enter the policy number, premium, and name of the insured person.
- Once you enroll you have to take the printout of the Enrollment Form.
- Now visit the home branch where you have purchased your policy and submit the form.
- The home branch will verify the details and will enroll your policies to access on the website.
- Now visit the official website once again and log in to your account.
- After you login go to Customer Services > Update Profile.
- Enter your new address and click on submit button.
These are the two methods by which you can change LIC Policy Address online and offline. I hope you are clear with all the steps mentioned in this guide.
If you have any kind of doubts in your mind or facing any difficulties then you can comment below. I will make sure you get a reply as quick as possible.