While you set a PIN for your card you have to make sure you set a strong one. Usually, people use the last 4 digits of the mobile number, vehicle registration number, etc.
These numbers are very easy to guess. So it can potentially harm the security of your card. To avoid these things you should set a PIN that is hard to guess.
And in case if you have lost your card. Then you should block the card immediately and not change the PIN. This guide is for the people who have received a new card from the bank.
Once you have set the PIN you can use it for cash withdrawal, online payments, POS payments, and international payments. (if your card supports)
The process to Generate IOB ATM PIN
You can easily generate a new PIN for your card using the nearest ATM machine. But here you have to note one thing before you get started.
And that is you can use the ATM machine that is operated by the Indian Overseas Bank only. You can not use the machine of any other bank to set the PIN.
Once you have set the PIN you can use your card with all the Indian Bank’s ATM machines to check your balance, get a mini statement, and withdraw cash.
- Find out where is the nearest ATM of the Indian Overseas Bank.
- Visit the ATM and insert your card into the machine.
- Choose the language in which you want to use the machine.
- The bank will now send you an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Now remove your card from the machine.
- Insert your card into the machine again and choose the language in which you would like to proceed.
- Enter the OTP that you have received from the bank.
- Now enter the 4 digits PIN of your choice.
- Re-enter the same and complete your transaction.
The bank will not charge you anything to set the PIN. But keep in mind that once you exceed the free usage of your card. The bank will start charging you for every financial and non-financial transaction you perform.