If you have found that your date of birth is mentioned wrong in your bank account. Then you can request your bank to correct it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can change DOB in Tamilnad Mercantile Bank account.
Your date of birth will not be updated just on the basis of your application letter. Along with the application letter you also have to submit supporting documents to the bank.
You can use any document that has your correct DOB printed on it. It can be your matriculation mark sheet, your aadhaar card, etc.
There is no requirement of submitting your original copy of the document. You just have to submit the photocopy of your document along with your signature on it.
But make sure you carry the original copy of the document with you. Because the officials at the bank’s branch will ask for your original document for the purpose of verification.
Steps to Change DOB in Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Account
- Take a sheet of paper and start writing an application letter.
- The letter should address the branch manager of your TMB home branch.
- The subject of the letter should be “Change of DOB in Bank Account”.
- Further, you have to mention your name, account number, correct DOB, and the name of the document you are providing to the bank.
- Get a clear photocopy of the document and make your signature on it.
- Now attach the photocopy with your application letter.
- Visit your home branch.
- Submit the application letter and the photocopy of the document to the bank officials.