If you have an account with Indian Overseas Bank and want to correct or change your DOB mentioned in the account. Then in this guide, I will tell you the process to change DOB in IOB account.
The Process to Change DOB in Indian Overseas Bank Account
- Take a sheet of paper and start writing an application letter.
- The letter you are writing should address the branch manager of your IOB’s home branch.
- You have to mention the subject of the letter as “Request to Correct DOB in Bank Account”.
- After the subject line, you have to explain that your DOB is mentioned wrong in the account. And you want to correct the same.
- You also have to mention your account number, correct date of birth, and the name of the proof document you have with you.
- Now get a clear photocopy of your proof document.
- Make your signature on the photocopy and attach it with your application letter.
- Visit your Indian Overseas Bank’s home branch.
- Submit the application letter and the photocopy to the bank officials.
The bank will take your request only if you have a proper proof document with you. And you need to submit the original copy of the document. You just have to submit the photocopy to the bank. The authenticity of your document will be verified by the bank. If you need more information, then you can call the customer care of Indian Overseas Bank on 1800 425 4445. (toll-free number)