The ATM Cards or Debit Cards are amazing things that are given to the account holders by the bank. With the help of these cards, we can shop online as well as offline and withdraw money anytime. But if you have lost it somewhere or the card is stolen. Then you should immediately block the card. And in this guide, I will tell you how you can block Tamilnad Mercantile Bank ATM Card quickly.
Basically, blocking the card means you are notifying the bank that you have lost the card somewhere. And when you notify them the bank will cancel your card. This means that the card can not be used for making any future transactions. Even if the owner of the card gets the card back the card can not be used. This is why you should be very careful before blocking the card.
You should block the card only if you are very sure that your card is lost and can be misused. In that case, you should not waste a single second. Get the card blocked no matter which method you use to do it. The bank will not charge you to block the card. But after blocking the current card when you request a new card you will have to pay some nominal charges for the issuance of a new card.
Methods to Block TMB ATM Card
Both the online method and offline method are explained below. Select the method of your choice and follow the instructions provided below to get your card blocked.
Using Mobile Banking App
- Download and Install the official mobile banking app of TMB.
- If you are using an Android device install the app from Google Playstore.
- And in the case of an iOS device install it from iTunes Store.
- Open the app after a successful installation.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Tap on the Hotlist Debit Card option.
- Select the debit card you want to block.
- Confirm your selection.
- Tap on the block card button and follow the on-screen instructions.
By Calling Customer Care
- Call the customer care of the bank on 04426223106.
- Wait until your call is connected to speak with the customer care executive of the bank.
- Tell the executive that you have lost the card and want to block it.
- The executive will ask you a few questions about your bank account.
- Answer all the questions correctly.
- After that provide the last 4 digits of your lost card.
- The executive will find your card.
- Give your confirmation to the executive.
- And your card will be blocked permanently.
This is how you can block Tamilnad Mercantile Bank ATM Card. If you are facing any kind of difficulties then you can call customer care. On the same call, you can also request the executive to issue a new card for you. But make sure that you don’t share your bank account details with anyone. The bank officials will never call you asking for details like username, password, PIN number, and OTP, etc.