If you have an account with the Bank of India and want to transfer funds online to another account. Then you will have to do one thing. And that is adding the beneficiary account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can add beneficiary in Bank of India.
Once you have added the beneficiary and it is activated. You can transfer funds from your BOI account to the beneficiary account. You need not visit your home branch or pay any charges to add the account. This can be done online with the help of internet banking and mobile banking.
Methods to Add Beneficiary Account in Bank of India
There are two methods that can be used by you. The first one is with the help of internet banking. And the second method is with the help of the official mobile banking app of the bank.
If you want to use the internet banking method. Then you should have activated internet banking for your account. In case if you have not done it yet. Then you can get it done on the official website of the bank.
Once you have registered or activated the internet banking services. You should set the transaction password for your internet banking account.
If you don’t set it then you may not get the “Transfers” option in the internet banking interface. And in case if you want to use the mobile banking method.
Then you should install the official mobile banking app. And register yourself to use it on your smartphone which is running your registered mobile number.
Using Internet Banking
- Visit the official website of the Bank of India.
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Click on “Transfers”.
- Choose the payment type for which you would like to add the beneficiary. (IMPS, NEFT, or RTGS)
- After that click on “Beneficiary”.
- Enter the details of the beneficiary like name, account number, IFSC code, and account type.
- Check all the details you have filled in, and if everything is correct then click on the “Add Beneficiary” button.
- The bank will send you an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP correctly and click on the “Submit” button.
- At last, enter your transaction password and click on the “Confirm Beneficiary” button.
Using Mobile Banking App
- Download and Install the official mobile banking app of the Bank of India.
- Open the app and login into your account.
- Tap on “Funds Transfer” → “New Funds Transfer”.
- Choose your BOI account from which you would like to transfer the money.
- After the choose the type of payment. (IMPS, NEFT, RTGS)
- Enter the account details of the beneficiary.
- Enter your transaction password and click on the “Submit” button.
If you are facing any issues or need more help in this regard. Then you can call the customer care of BOI on 1800 22 0229. (toll-free) And never share your account details with anyone. The bank officials will never ask for your details like your username, password, etc. So if you ever receive a call, SMS, or email asking you for such details. Then please don’t respond.