Stop Cheque Payment in Canara Bank: Cheques are a great way to pay your clients or make payments which are big in amount. But sometimes we have to stop cheque payments because of some reasons. The great thing about cheques is we can stop the payment of the cheques which we have issued. Here I would like to make one thing clear and that is the word stop here we mean notifying the bank not to make the payment to the receiver of the cheque.
But you can stop cheque payment in Canara Bank only and only if your cheque is not cleared yet. In case your cheque is cleared and the bank has paid the money to the receiver then you can’t stop or retrieve the money back to your bank account.
To stop cheque payment in Canara Bank you need to have the cheque leaf number. And in the case of multiple cheques, you should have the start and the end numbers of the leafs. In this article of mine I will be telling you the complete procedure to stop cheque payment in Canara Bank using the internet banking facility.
How to Stop Cheque Payment in Canara Bank?
So now let us get started with this guide and check out the steps you have to follow to stop cheque payment in Canara Bank online.
- Visit the official website of the bank and login to your internet banking account.
- Once you have successfully logged in into your internet banking account, click on Stop Cheque Payment option.
- Now you have to select the bank account which is associated with the cheque from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the cheque number which you are willing to stop the payment of and leave the end number blank if you single cheque. And if multiple cheques then enter the end numbers too.
- Enter the reason why you are willing to stop the payment.
- Click on request button which you will find on the screen.
- Then the website will ask you to enter your transaction password.
- Re-enter the transaction once more and you are done with it.
This is how you can stop cheque payment in Canara Bank. Please note that the payment will be stopped on the basis of cheque number you have entered.
So while entering the cheque number(s) check it twice to avoid mistakes. The cheque will be stopped only if it is not cleared yet.