Stop Cheque Payment in Bank of Baroda: When you issue a cheque to someone then they have to visit the bank and deposit the cheque to get cleared. Then the bank will clear the cheque and make the payment to the receiver. And the same amount of money will be debited from your BOB bank account. But what if you change your mind and don’t want to the person to whom you have issued the cheque.
In this case, you have to inform the bank they will stop the payment of the cheque. But you have to keep on thing in your mind and that is you have to stop cheque payment in Bank of Baroda before it gets cleared.
Confused about what I said?
Don’t worry I will explain the process to stop cheque payment in Bank of Baroda.
If you have issued a cheque to someone and he or she has deposited to the bank for clearance. And if the cheque has been cleared then you can’t stop payment of the cheque.
If the cheque issued by you is not yet cleared then the bank will stop the payment. But you have to stop cheque payment in Bank of Baroda by following the procedure mentioned below.
How to Stop Cheque Payment in Bank of Baroda?
So now let us get started with this article and check out how to stop cheque payment in Bank of Baroda.
By using internet banking:
- Open the official website of Bank of Baroda and head towards the internet banking section.
- Log in to your account by entering your account credentials.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your internet banking account click on Accounts.
- Select the account from the drop down menu to which the cheque belongs.
- Select Cheque Status Enquiry from the next screen.
- Enter the cheque number in the box provided. Now you will see the status of the cheque.
- If it is not yet cleared then select Stop Payment option.
- Enter the cheque number carefully.
- And you are done with it, your cheque payment will be stopped. The system will show you the message on the screen with the status of your request.
This is the online method to stop cheque payment in Bank of Baroda. You can use this method only if you have an activated internet banking account.
But if you don’t have an internet banking account or can’t access it right now then you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
By Calling Customer Care:
- Call the customer care of the bank on their toll-free number: 1800 102 4455.
- Get your call connected with the customer care executive by using the IVR options.
- Once connected tell them that you want to stop payment of the cheque.
- They will ask you few details about your account like account number etc.
- Tell them the cheque number and they will stop the payment.
These are the two methods by following which you can stop cheque payment in Bank of Baroda.
If you have any kind of doubts then you can leave your comment below.