Reactivate Dormant Account in Bank of India: We all have one or more bank accounts in one or more banks which are operating in India. But the real thing is we can’t use all the bank accounts we have and when we don’t use the bank account for a long time it turns inactive. Inactive accounts are nothing but dormant account. But you can reactivate your account which has turned inactive with time or currently dormant.
And in this article of mine, I will be telling you the complete procedure which you need to follow to reactivate dormant account in Bank of India. The reactivation process is very easy and you can get your account reactivated very quickly.
But to reactivate dormant account in Bank of India you have to visit your home branch of BOI. The branch where you had opened your bank account and maintain is called as the home branch.
How to Reactivate Dormant Account in Bank of India?
So now let us get started and check out the procedure to reactivate dormant account in Bank of India.
- You have to write an application letter to your branch manager.
- Mention the subject of the application letter as “Reactivation of Dormant Account.”
- Make sure that you mention your name, account number in the application letter.
- Make your signature on the application letter wherever required.
- Take a clear photocopy of your identity proof document. And make your signature on the photocopy to make it self-attested.
- Attach the photocopy and the application letter.
- And finally, visit your home branch and tell the bank officials that you want to reactivate your dormant account.
- Handover the application letter along with the photocopy to them.
While you visit your home branch make sure that you carry your original identity proof document. The bank officials may ask you to show the original one for verification purpose along with your bank passbook.
This is the procedure which you need to follow to reactivate dormant account in Bank of India. I hope you are clear with all the steps mentioned in this guide.
If you have any kind of doubts then you can leave your comment below. I will make sure that you get a reply quickly. You can even contact customer care of the bank on their toll-free number 1800 22 0229 for more details.