Change Policyholder Name in LIC Policy: The insurance we all know that it is one of the most important things we should have with us. It’s kind of security and cover if we have a policy for us. Most of us have one or more insurance policies with us. And also the people who don’t have life insurance should consider getting one for them. While we are buying a policy for us many details are asked by the company agent of officials. They ask us details like our name, address, age, nominee etc. And we can change few details too like name, address, and nominee.
If you are looking for a guide online which will help you to change policyholder name in LIC Policy. Then let me tell you that your online search ends here. Because in this guide of mine, I will tell you the procedure to change policyholder name in LIC Policy.
Life Insurance Corporation of India lets their policy holder name but you have to provide right documents as proof to the company.
But what are the circumstances when the policyholder is allowed to change the name in the policy? I have mentioned them below.
- If the policyholder has changed his or her name.
- If the policyholder has changed his or her surname.
- In case the child is adopted.
- And females can change their name in case of marriage or divorce.
As I have already mentioned that you have to provide the proper documents as the proof of name change to the Life Insurance Corporation of India. You can find the documents which you have to provide.
- Gazette Notification.
- Newspaper Advertisement Copy.
- Marriage Certificate.
- And Adoption Deed. (in case of adoption only)
How to Change Policyholder Name in LIC Policy?
So now let us get started with this guide and check out how you can change policyholder in LIC Policy. You can change policyholder name in LIC Policy from your home branch only.
- Visit your home branch where you have had purchased your policy.
- Tell the officials of the company that you want to change your name in the policy.
- They will let you know about the further procedure to change the name.
- Follow the procedure told to you by them and submit the documents listed above.
This is how you can change policyholder name in LIC Policy. If you have any kind of doubts then leave your comment below. I have used Name Change Tips and Legal Desk as the reference of this article. But I highly recommend you to verify the information mentioned in this article before you use it in any way.