State Bank of India or SBI is the biggest bank which is operating in our country we all know about them. Millions of people have a bank account with SBI. Recently when I was using Facebook I saw one of their post which says that 1 among 3 people in India has a bank account with them. Then think how many people may have opened a bank account with SBI. In this article of mine, I will tell you how to get a new bank passbook in SBI.
When we open a bank account with SBI or any of the bank which is operating in India, we get a welcome kit in which we will get our bank passbook, debit card, and cheque book if we have applied for it. The main thing in the welcome kit is the bank passbook which is just like a proof that we have a bank account in SBI. In many of the cases, we even use our bank passbook as proof of address in India.
What if you have lost your bank passbook somewhere?
Don’t worry if you have lost your SBI bank passbook somewhere. Because you can apply for a new bank passbook in SBI if you have lost, misplaced or damaged it.
But how can you apply for new bank passbook?
You have to write an application letter to your branch manager asking him for a duplicate bank passbook. You have to mention the right reason why you are applying for the new or duplicate one.
Can you apply for a new bank passbook online?
The answer is no, unlike applying for a new debit card and cheque book you can apply for a new bank passbook online. Here what I mean by online is applying with the help of internet banking feature of the bank.
How to Apply for New Bank Passbook in SBI?
So now let us get started and check out how you can get a new bank passbook in SBI by applying for new one.
- Write an application letter addressing your branch manager. Mention that you have lost or damaged your bank passbook. Ask your branch manager to issue a new bank passbook for you.
- Make sure you mention the right reason why you want to get a new one.
- Take photocopy any one address proof document and identity proof document.
- Attach the photocopies of the documents with your application letter.
- Make your signature on the photocopies to make them self-attested. Bank will not accept them without your signature on them.
- Visit your home branch and submit the application letter to the bank officials.
Important Things to Remember
So this is how you can get a new bank passbook in SBI, if you have any kind of doubts then you can comment below. For more details, you can even call the customer care of the bank on their toll-free number: 1800 425 3800.