Bank accounts is the place where we keep our money earned, we all have one or more accounts in one or more banks operating in India. I think you have an an account with State Bank of India, I mean you have opened an account in State Bank of India and now you are searching on internet for an article which will help you to close bank account in State Bank of India. If you are searching for such an article online then let me tell you that you have been landed on the right website here.
Because in this article of mine I will be telling you the complete procedure which you need to follow to close your bank account which you hold in State Bank of India. This bank is one of the most trusted bank of India, many people across our country hold an account in this bank. But yes there may be many reasons with you because of which you want close your account. If you wish to share the reason why you are closing your account then you can do that by commenting below. We have an comment form just below this article using which you can reach me.
How to Close Bank Account in State Bank of India?
So now let us get started with this article and checkout the procedure which you need to follow to close bank account in State Bank of India.
- The first thing you will have to do is collecting the bank account closure form which you will get from any of the State Bank of India branches across the country.
- Once you get the form, you have to fill it with all the details which is asked to you in the from. You will be asked to enter details like your name, your account number and various other details.
- After filling the form make your signature in the space provided on the form for signature.
- Now you have to visit your home branch where you had opened your bank account and managed it till now.
- Submit the duly filled account closure form to the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- They may ask for your address proof and identity proof documents for verification purpose so make sure you carry them with you.
- Because you are closing your account, you have to submit all the things that you had received from the bank. You have to return your Bank Passbook, Debit or credit card and cheque book to the bank.
- You are almost done with your task to close bank account in State Bank of India, now you have to choose the way by which you want to receive the money which is there in your bank account. You can receive that via cash, demand draft, cheque etc. Choose any of the way by which you would like to receive your account balance.
And you are done with it, this was how you can close the bank account, I hope you got all the steps which are to be followed to close it. If you have any kind of questions in your mind then you can leave your questions in the form of comment below.